Miami is filled with beautiful scenery and amazing restaurants. My husband and I are big “foodie’s ” and we especially love fine dining. Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday to share a lovely dinner, in a romantic setting, experiencing amazing tastes together. I’ve narrowed down a few of our favorite’s to make it easier for you. Here are my top 5 pics for this annual romantic date night:
- Le Sirenuse This beautiful Restaurant is set in the Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club. It is inspired by Positano Italy, but blends perfectly in Surfside, Florida with it’s lush palms , green and gold accents and optional ocean front seating. We prefer dining inside where it is cozy and romantic. The menu is Mediterranean, inspired by classic Italian cuisine. I suggest doing the tasting menu to get the full experience. The staff is attentive, yet not hovering over you while you enjoy your dinner and conversation. I highly recommend Le Sirenuse!
2. The Surf Club restaurant by Chef Thomas Keller is also located in the iconic Miami Surf Club, Four Seasons Hotel , Surfside. It boasts Continental Cuisine and has an a’ la carte menu. ( although they are offering a multi course tasting menu for Valentine’s Day. )You will find classic dishes with exceptional flavor. We love the Beef Wellington and Lobster Thermidor. The food is truly delicious. I’ve also enjoyed many of their special pasta dishes that the chef features. We also love that they serve one of our favorite “go to” wines, Frank Family Cabernet, by the glass, as well! The Surf Club serves fun breadsticks and a complimentary crudite & dip while you await your dinner. The dining room is intimate and perfect for special occasions. They have also added outdoor patio seating since first opening. I think you can tell this is one of our favorite restaurants!
3. Fiola This restaurant is beautiful from the moment you pull up. It is located in the Landmark 1515 Sunset building in Coral Gables. The Interior design and decorations are beautiful! There are gorgeous roses and art throughout the restaurant. (I was even impressed by the bathroom, having my favorite Voluspa candle in gardenia & a lovely vase filled with fresh pink roses.) Fiola serves contemporary Italian cuisine, accompanied by “old school” hospitality. The menu changes often with seasonal offerings, but features a raw bar, homemade pastas, and seafood/ meats grilled or cooked in a wood oven. I recommend starting with the mushroom cappuccino soup.. It’s heavenly ! Fiola is a very enjoyable experience all around.
4. Casa Tua is set in a quaint, mediterranean style, 2 story home off of the main strip in South Beach. The name Casa Tua means ” your home ” as it gives you a homey, intimate feel in the small dining rooms ( there are a few ). The outdoor dining area is a garden, lit by lanterns and is also quite romantic. This is a great spot to enjoy northern Italian food away from the hustle and bustle of South beach.
5. Gianni’s Gianni’s-The Villa Casuarina is the iconic former Versace Mansion in South Beach. This alone is a great reason to visit. Every single step you take into this place is filled with romance. You have to have a reservation to enter and then you will cross through the red velvet rope up the stairs and into the mansion. Be sure and pose with your date for an unforgettable picture before entering! The beautiful waterfalls, flowered walls , gorgeous tiles and lit swimming pool will have you in awe. The live music and rose given to you upon entering sets the very romantic vibe. Enjoy dinner at the outdoor poolside tables. This choice is more about the vibe than the food, for me, as the dishes are second to the incredible ambiance. This will be a very memorable ( and instagrammable ) evening.
So, to sum it up, If you want fine dining with an attentive wait staff, excellent food and great wine selections, Le Sirenuse, The Surf Club and Fiola truly deliver all 3. If you’re looking to take your time and do a multi course tasting menu , Le Sirenuse is your restaurant. It is quite an experience for your tastebuds. Gianni’s is the place if you want to wow your date with more than food. It is beautiful with a younger miami vibe, live music and tons of photo ops. Casa Tua and The surf Club are perfect for more of a quiet, intimate dining experience. I hope you have a beautiful Valentine’s dinner, wherever you choose. I’d love to here where you picked and what you enjoyed most. Lmk ! You can follow me on instagram @purejoy_lifestyle to see more pics and ideas. Spread love !